Announcing Complimentary Training
designed to bolster the knowledge and skills of the federal acquisition workforce. NITAAC’s CIO-CS is the Best in Class (BIC) Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) for IT Commodities and Solutions and one of three Government-Wide Strategic Solutions (GSS) vehicles.
Procurement, directly or indirectly, affects every federal employee, but only a fraction of employees have a working understanding of the procurement process. The National Institutes of Health Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center (NITAAC) is aiming to change that.
NITAAC will be conducting complimentary training sessions on how to procure IT products and managed services using the CIO-CS GWAC.
During the training, attendees will learn how to:
- Use CIO-CS to acquire the latest IT innovations
- Discover the benefits of Best in Class contracts
- Use NITAAC’s Government-Wide Strategic Solutions (GSS) for laptops and desktops
- Take advantage of NITAAC’s customer support and value-added services, like 12-hour turnaround on scope assessments
- Use the Electronic Government Ordering System (e-GOS) to manage and award competitions
- Use FAR 16.505 to streamline ordering procedures to obtain IT products, and solutions more easily
Who can benefit from attending?
- Contracting Officers
- Contract Specialists
- Chief Information Officers
- IT program officials
- Those with purchasing authority
- Anyone else involved in the IT procurement process
What will participants earn?
Each attendee receives one Continuous Learning Point (1 CLP) applicable to both the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and Federal Acquisition Certification (FAC) programs.