How to Use This Tool
- Many aspects can affect an Offeror's ability to meet Order Request requirements including: Technical Approach, Risk Management Approach, Personnel Qualifications and Facilities.
Tips on Using This Tool
- Follow the helpful steps in formulating evaluation factors and subfactors.
- Identify key discriminators.
- Ensure CO approval and get permission to inform offerors of the factors and subfactors.
- Use in compliance with FAR.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are evaluation criteria required?
As a best practice, NITAAC recommends providing the award evaluation criteria in all solicitations, and under FAR 16.505(b)(1)(iii), an evaluation criteria is required where the anticipated value of the award is expected to exceed $5M.
What is NITAAC’s position on performance-based contracting?
NITAAC follows the guidance of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP) which strongly encourages, but does not mandate, the use of Performance Based Contracting (PBC).
Does NITAAC provide evaluation scoring sheets?
Yes, sample scoring sheets are available at Tools and Templates. However, the procuring agency contracting officer would be best suited to determine the adequacy of an evaluation scoring sheet based on the evaluation criteria established.